“Encouraging Words” For The Heart
- The Day That Worry Died – Mark 16:1-7
What the stone rolled away teaches us all
- An Offended Free Heart – Hebrews 12:15
How Satan tempted Judas and won
- What Really Matters – Matthew 5:17-20
Righteousness from the inside out
- A Higher Level Of Living – Psalm 84:1-12
Surviving the Valley of Baca
- Living With A Double Portion – II Kings 2:9-14
Three words that determine all spirituality
- Behind The Scenes – Psalm 105:16-22
How God works providentially
- Getting Up When You Fall Down – Jeremiah 8:4-7
Heart lifting wisdom from Jeremiah
- Making Room For God’s Presence – Acts 2:1-4
How God’s Spirit comes to 120 ordinary people
- Escaping The Great Deception – Ecclesiastes 2:1-26
What Solomon learned too late
10. Wisdom From Thessalonica – I Thessalonians 2:1-13
Paul’s preventive care for spiritual health
11. Prepared For Battle – I Samuel 7:1-14
How God prepares us for personal renewal
12. Authentic Ministry – Colossians 1:23-29
Characteristics of wholesome church workers
PLUS: My favorite “principle quotes” that are easy to remember “Lord, help me to sow good seed.”
ENCOURAGING WORDS FOR HEALTHY SERVANT LEADERS
- No provocation ever justifies an unchristian response!
- A bad attitude makes a person a prisoner of their own experience!
- Unforgiveness is the poison we drink while we wait for the other person to die!
- Unforgiveness is the umbilical cord that keeps you tied to the past. When you forgive, you cut that cord and can live free from the control of what someone else has done to you!
- To the degree we have not forgiven, everyone who has ever hurt us still hurts us every day!
- If you are suffering from a bad man’s injustice, forgive him lest there be two bad men!
- Resentment is allowing someone you despise to live rent free in the house of your mind!
- Answer your critics with your life and not your words!
- If you’re in pursuit of vengeance be sure to dig two graves!
- Blessed are the boiler-makers for they shall always be in hot water!
- Our offenses will either be our tomb stone or our stepping stone; it all depends on our choice!
- I must be bold enough to be obedient yet humble enough to be corrected!
- An enemy in the heart is worse than 10,000 in the field!
- The only part of me that can be offended is that part which has not died!
- When you go through a tough time, be sure to pray this prayer: “Lord, callous my knees and not my heart.”
- My progress in God will go no further than my obedience takes me!
- Worry is accepting responsibility that God never intended for me to carry!
- Discouragement is a lie of the devil to blind you in the present of what God is going to do in the future!
- Prayer is the breath of the soul; when I breathe I live, when I cease to breathe, I die!
- Every evil thought is sin in its embryo stage!
- Sin that is destroyed in our minds will not become a part of our history!
- My life will always go in the direction of my most dominant thoughts!
- No clever arrangement of bad eggs ever made a good omelet!
- If we learn to wrestle with God in secret, we will never have to lower ourselves to wrestle with men in public!
- If we prostrate ourselves before the Lord, we will never be prostrated before the enemy!
- Like Gideon, sometimes you have to go backwards before you can go forward!
- God is never going to help you be anybody but you (copy no one else).
- Your present field may be limited but you are not limited by your field.
- Build a house of devotion with God and He will build a place of ministry for you!
- No one is ever really free until you have nothing to prove, and no one to impress!And Remember…
- The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement!
- None of us is as smart as all the rest of us and feedback is the breakfast of champions!!!
- Merchandising is when I empty other people to enrich myself; Ministry is when I empty myself to enrich other people!